Email : stephane [dot] legac [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 2 23 23 65 72
Office number : Beaulieu - Build. 10C - 127
Stéphane Le Gac completed his PhD in organic chemistry in 2006 under the supervision of Prof. I. Jabin, at the University of Le Havre, where he developed molecular receptors derived from calixarenes. He started a first postdoctoral period at the Free University of Brussels (Belgium) with Prof. A. Kirsch-De Mesmaeker, working with ruthenium-oligonucleotide photo-reagents for skin cancer therapy. He then moved to the Radboud University in Nijmegen (The Netherlands) as a postdoctoral fellow in the groups of Prof. R. Nolte and Prof. A. Rowan, aiming at the development of new strategies for the functionalization of helical polymers (polyisocyanides). In 2009, he was appointed CNRS researcher at the University of Rennes (France) where he obtained his Habilitation diploma in 2014. His current research interests lie in the field of porphyrinoids: supramolecular coordination chemistry, bimetallic complexes, molecular switches, (anti)aromaticity control, Möbius twisted receptors.
1) Bimetallic porphyrin complexes
2) Hexaphyrin based molecular receptors
Selected recent publications
• Match–mismatch effects in two-fold transfer of chirality within a Möbius metallo-receptor
B. Boitrel, S. Le Gac
Chem. Commun. 2020, 56, 9166-9169.
• Orchestrating Communications in a Three-Type Chirality Totem: Remote Control of the Chiroptical Response of a Möbius Aromatic System
R. Benchouaia, N. Cissé, B. Boitrel, M. Sollogoub, S. Le Gac, M. Ménand
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 11583-11593.
• Tren-Capped Hexaphyrin Zinc Complexes : Interplaying Molecular Recognition, Möbius Aromaticity, and Chirality
H. Ruffin, G. Nyame Mendendy Boussambe, T. Roisnel, V. Dorcet, B. Boitrel, S. Le Gac
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 13847-13857.
• Hexaphyrin-Cyclodextrin Hybrids: a Nest for Switchable Aromaticity, Asymmetric Confinement and Isomorphic Fluxionality
M. Ménand, M. Sollogoub, B. Boitrel, S. Le Gac
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 297-301.
• Sunlight-Driven Formation and Dissociation of a Dynamic Mixed Valence Thallium(III)/Thallium(I) Porphyrin Complex
V. Ndoyom, L. Fusaro, V. Dorcet, B. Boitrel, S. Le Gac
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 3806-3811.
• Heterobimetallic Porphyrin Complexes Displaying Triple Dynamics: Coupled Metal Motions Controlled by Constitutional Evolution
S. Le Gac, L. Fusaro, T. Roisnel, B. Boitrel
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 6698-6715.