Email : rafael [dot] gramage-doria [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 2 23 23 58 00
Office number : 012 - Build.10C
Rafael Gramage-Doria did his PhD (2012) under the supervision of Prof. D. Armspach and Dr. D. Matt in the University of Strasbourg dealing with the synthesis, coordination properties and catalytic applications of molecular cavities. He joined the group of Prof. J. N. H. Reek at the University of Amsterdam for 2.5 years as a NWO-Rubicon post-doctoral researcher investigating transition metal catalysis in confined spaces. After a short period (9 months) as post-doctoral researcher in the group of Prof. T. Ooi at Nagoya University, he took up a position at the CNRS as Charge de Recherche (2015) in the Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (UMR6226). In 2019, he obtained the Habilitation diploma for Direction of Research (HDR) from the University of Rennes 1. He is author of >40 publications since 2011 and he has delivered >30 (inter)national lectures. Our research activities are supported by different funding agencies (ANR, CNRS, Universite de Rennes 1, Prestige Marie Curie, COST, Rennes Metropole, Region Bretagne, China Scholarship Council).
For further details, visit https://gramagedoria-lab.com
Homogeneous, transition metal catalysis.
Supramolecular and coordination chemistry.
Supramolecular and nature-inspired catalysis.
Green chemistry and sustainability.
C-H bond activation and functionalization.
Selected, recent publications
- "Enzyme-like Supramolecular Iridium Catalysis Enabling C−H Bond Borylation of Pyridines with meta-Selectivity" J. Trouve, P. Zardi, S. Al-Shehimy, T. Roisnel, R. Gramage-Doria* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 18006-18013.
- "Ultrashort Hδ+⋯Hδ− intermolecular distance in a supramolecular system in the solid state" A. Garcia-Marquez, A. Frontera, T. Roisnel, R. Gramage-Doria* Chem. Commun. 2021, 57, 7112-7115.
- "Beyond hydrogen bonding: recent trends of outer sphere interactions in transition metal catalysis" J. Trouve, R. Gramage-Doria* Chem. Soc. Rev. 2021, 50, 3565-3584.
- "Base-controlled, product switch in the ruthenium-catalyzed protodecarbonylation of phthalimides: a mechanistic study" M. C.D'Alterio, Y.-C. Yuan, C. Bruneau, G. Talarico, R. Gramage-Doria,* A. Poater* Catal. Sci. Technol. 2020, 10, 180-186.
- "Site-selective Ru-catalyzed C-H bond alkenylation with biologically-relevant isoindolinones: a case of catalyst performance controlled by subtle stereo-electronic effects of the weak directing group" Y.-C. Yuan, C. Bruneau, T. Roisnel, R. Gramage-Doria* Catal. Sci. Technol. 2019, 9, 4711-4717.
- "Remote ion-pair interactions in Fe-porphyrin-based molecular catalysts for the hydrogen evolution reaction" S. Kasemthaveechok, B. Fabre, G. Loget,* R. Gramage-Doria* Catal. Sci. Technol. 2019, 9, 1301-1308.
- "A Supramolecular Palladium Catalyst Displaying Substrate Selectivity by Remote Control" P. Zardi, T. Roisnel, R. Gramage-Doria* Chem. Eur. J. 2019, 25, 627-634.
- "Unmasking Amides: Ruthenium-Catalyzed Protodecarbonylation of N-substituted Phthalimide Derivatives" Y.-C. Yuan, R. Kamaraj, C. Bruneau, T. Labasque, T. Roisnel, R. Gramage-Doria* Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 6404-6407.
- "Palladium-Catalysed Cross-Coupling Reactions Controlled by Noncovalent Zn...N Interactions" M. Kadri, J. Hou, V. Dorcet, T. Roisnel, L. Bechki, A. Miloudi, C. Bruneau, R. Gramage-Doria* Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 5033-5043.
- "One-Pot Directing Group Formation/C-H Bond Functionalization via Copper(I) and Ruthenium (II) Catalysis" C. Bruneau, R. Gramage-Doria* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2016, 358, 3847-3856.