Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes
UMR CNRS 6226 - Université Rennes I
Campus de Beaulieu - Building 10C - Room 012
35042 Rennes Cedex
Phone : 33 (0) 2 23 23 58 00
Education and professional experience
- Feb 2015 – present CNRS Researcher (Chargé de Recherche)
- May 2014 – Jan 2015 Post-doctoral fellow with Prof. T. Ooi, Nagoya University, JPN.
- Nov 2011 – Apr 2014 Post-doctoral fellow with Prof. J. N. H. Reek, University of Amsterdam, NL.
- Oct 2008 – Jan 2012 PhD with Dr. D. Matt and Prof. D. Armspach, Université de Strasbourg, FR.
- 2008 MSc Molecular and Supramolecular Chemistry, Université de Strasbourg, FR.
- 2008 Diplôme Ingénieur, Ecole de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux, Strasbourg, FR.
- 2008 BSc Chemistry, University of Valencia, ESP.
C-H Bond activation
We are focused on the activation and further functionalization of long-time believed inert C-H bonds with the ultimate goal to reach highly functionalized molecules from readily available substrates in a straightforward manner. For that, we develop unique step- and atom-economy methodologies based on transition metal catalysts with particular emphasis on sustainability and green chemistry.
Supramolecular catalysis and supramolecular chemistry
Inspired from Nature, where weak interactions are responsible for the unique efficiency of metalloenzyme’s activity and selectivity, we study the behavior of substrates able to interact via reversible interactions with appropriately designed supramolecular catalysts. As such, new issues reminiscent from natural selection processes that cannot be addressed by traditional approaches can now be tackled; for example substrates (or products) inhibition, substrate selectivity, etc. Additionally, we also focus on the self-assembly of multiple molecular building blocks in the presence of repulsive interactions.
- Dr. Jean-Francois Halet and Dr. Samia Kahlal (Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, France): Theoretical calculations.
- Vincent Dorcet and Dr. Thierry Roisnel (Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, France): X-ray diffraction studies.
Selected recent publications
- Palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions controlled by non-covalent Zn...N interactions
M. Kadri, J. Hou, V. Dorcet, T. Roisnel, L. Bechki, A. Miloudi, C. Bruneau, R. Gramage-Doria
Chem. Eur. J. (2017) 23, 5033-5043
- One-pot directing group formation/C-H bond functionalization via copper(I) and ruthenium(II) catalysis
C. Bruneau, R. Gramage-Doria
Adv. Synth. Catal. (2016) 358, 3847-3856
- Non-conventional supramolecular self-assemblies of zinc(II)-salphen building blocks
T. Groizard, S. Kahlal, V. Dorcet, T. Roisnel, C. Bruneau, J.-F. Halet, R. Gramage-Doria
Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. (2016) 5143-5151
Publications referenced in HAL since 2006