- Develop research in the field of catalysis for polyester materials, more specifically the synthesis and characterization of monomers and their subsequent catalytic conversion by ring-opening polymerization or polycondensation to well-defined polymers, and evaluation of their properties, especially thermomechanical and degradation.
- Interact with the Industrial partner of the project on monthly basis.
- Contribute to the organization of the Organometallics, Catalysis, and Polymer group (https://iscr.univ-rennes1.fr/organometallics-materials-catalysis-omc) by taking up general responsibilities.
What we are looking for
- You hold a doctoral degree in Molecular Catalysis, Organic Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry.
- You have a broad and proven experience in the synthesis and characterization of molecular compounds and ideally in functional polymers.
- Knowledge of and experience with fine chemicals is mandatory.
- Knowledge of and experience with catalysis and polymer chemistry is recommended.
- Knowledge of and experience with ring-opening polymerization is appreciated.
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate/postdoc work.
- You may present relevant scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- You have strong abilities to communicate with and present research advancement to partners.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a 1+1 year research associate contract (go/nogo after 1 year) at the University of Rennes 1, with a strong interaction with the industrial partner.
- Your appointment will start as soon as possible from December 2020.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to your expertise and records.