Email : jean [dot] rocherulle [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 126.96.36.199.57
Office number : Building 10A, Room 123
- BS, Chemistry, 1981, University of Rennes
- MS, Chemistry of Materials, 1983, University of Rennes
- PhD, Chemistry of Materials, 1986, University of Rennes
- Supervisor Accreditation, 1999, University of Rennes
- Since 2006 Professor of Chemistry, Technology Institute, University of Rennes
- 1988 - 2006 Assistant Professor, University of Rennes
- 1986 - 1988 Materials Science Engineer, International Stamaco Systems - Rennes
Area of Primary Research Interest
- Synthesis of unusual phosphate glass and glass-ceramic compositions
- Microwave heating
- Mechanical properties
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of the glass crystallization
- Ionic conductivity
- Solid state chemistry
- Glass science
- Board of the Technology Institute at the University of Rennes, 2010 - 2014 Council of the Technology Institute teaching staff, Chairman of the council, 2010 - 2014 Deputy Director of the Technology Institute (6 departments - 1800 students), 2012 - 2015
- Reviewer for several journals in Materials Science Expert for the French “Agence Nationale de la Recherche” (ANR)
- Consulting: Medria Rennes (F), Saint Gobain Recherches Aubervilliers (F), Axon SAS Montmirail (F), Roullier Group St Malo (F)
Patents and Publications
- 4 patents concerning processes for nitridation, recycling metal oxides, synthesis of foam glasses
- 53 publications in referred journals, 37 oral presentations
- Elastic moduli of oxynitride glasses. Extension of Makishima and Mackenzie’s theory.
J. Rocherullé, C. Ecolivet, M. Poulain, P. Verdier, Y. Laurent
J. Non Cryst. Solids 1989, 108, 187-193
- Macroscopic and micro-structural aspects of the lithium metaphosphate glass crystallization.
J. Rocherullé, S. Chenu, P. Bénard-Rocherullé
J. Non Cryst. Solids 2010, 356, 2969-2976
- Glass reactive sintering as an alternative route for the synthesis of NZP glass–ceramics.
S. Chenu, R. Lebullenger, P. Bénard-Rocherullé, G. Calvez, O. Guillou, J. Rocherullé, A. Kidari, M. J. Pomeroy, S. Hampshire
J. Mater. Sci. 2012, 47, 486-492
- Influence of diamond particles content on the critical load for crack initiation and fracture toughness of SiOC glass–diamond composites.
P. Sellappan, J. P. Guin, J. Rocherullé, F. Celarié, T. Rouxel, R. Riedel
J. of Eur. Ceram. Soc. 2013, 33, 847-858
- Crystallization behavior of phosphate-based glasses and its impact on the glasses’ bioactivity.
J. Massera, M. Mayran, J. Rocherullé, L. Hupa
J. of Mater. Sci. 2015, 50(8), 3091–3102