Email : catherine [dot] boussard [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 18.104.22.168.34
Office number : Beaulieu - Build. 10A - 256
Co-funder of the DIAFIR company (2011)
Education and professional experience
1997 : PhD in Chemistry, University of Rennes 1 : Les verres du sytème B-O-F – Etude structurale – Verres moussants
Current themes of research
- Elaboration of new glassy materials for infrared transmission
- Development of new synthesis methods and purification techniques (coll. University of Arizona and Institute of Chemistry of High-Purity Substances of the Russian Academy of Sciences of Nizhny Novgorod)
- Thermal analysis (DSC,TMA, viscosity), IR spectroscopy, refractive index, electrical properties
- Waveguide elaboration (multimode and single mode optical fibers)
- Development of fiberoptics sensors for IR analysis
- Development of applications in the biomedical, spatial and environment fields (collaborations and contracts with INSERM, CHU Rennes, ADEME, IFREMER, BRGM, IFP, ESA, TNO, Politecnico di Torino)
- Development of new materials for thermoeletricity
- Fluorescence mechanism in Tm3+-singly-doped and Tm3+-Ho3+- doubly-doped Indium based fluoride glasses.
A. Brenier, C. Pedrini, B. Moine, J. L. Adam, C. Plédel
Physical Review B 1990, 41, 5364-5371
- The structure of a boron oxyfluoride glass, an inorganic cross-linked chain polymer
C. Boussard-Plédel, M. Le Floch, G. Fonteneau, J. Lucas, S. Sinbandhit, J. Shao, C.A. Angell, J. Emery and J.Y. Buzaré
J. Non-Cryst. Solids 1997, 209, 247
- Chalcogen based glasses for IR fiber chemical sensors.
S. Hocdé, C. Boussard-Plédel, G. Fonteneau, J. Lucas
Solid State Sciences 2001, 3(3), 279
- Development of far-infrared-transmitting Te based glasses suitable for carbon dioxide detection and space optics.
A. Wilhelm, C. Boussard-Plédel, Q. Coulombier, J. Lucas, B. Bureau, P. Lucas
Adv. Mater. 2007, 19, 3796-3800
- Chalcogenide glasses, preparation, properties and applications.
Ed, J.L Adam, X.H. Zhang,
Woodhead Publishing Limited, Chapter 12 2014, 381-410