Email : bruno [dot] bureau [at] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Phone : +33 (0) 184.108.40.206.73
Office number : Building 10A, Room 268
- Ph. D, “Local order investigations in fluoride glasses by multinuclear solid state NMR”, 1998, University du Maine.
- Accreditation to supervise research, « non-conventional glasses : structures and optical properties », 2003, University of Rennes 1.
- In charge of the teaching Department, 2008-2012
- In charge of the Master 1 of chemistry (fourth degree), 2008-2017
- In charge of the Master of chemistry, 2010-2017
- Head of the “infrared sensing group” in the glasses and ceramics Laboratory, 2006-2017
- In charge of the Material Sciences sector at the Scientific board of the university of Rennes 1, 2012-2016
- Member of the National Council of the University CNU 33, 2011-
- Vice-President of the university of Rennes 1, in charge of the Human Ressources, 2016-
- Technological innovation award of the pollutec-ADEME exhibition, Lyon, 2002 and 2011
- American Ceramic Society Kreidl award 2007 for the Allison Wilhelm PhD
- Yvan Peychès award from the French Academy of Sciences 2009
- Appointed to the “Institut Universitaire de France” 2011-2016 (IUF Junior)
- Co-winner of the OSEO grants for the DIAFIR company.
Current Themes of Research
- Development of optical devices from glass or glass-ceramics for infrared sensing applications,
- Creation of new glasses rich in tellurium which confers to materials the largest optical transmission, some semi conducting properties and glass to crystal transition behavior,
- Better understanding the glass formation processes by coupling thermomechanical and structural studies (solid state NMR) to theoretical calculations.
- Solid State NMR (Master degree)
- Solid state chemistry (Bachelor and Master degree)
- Glass science (Master degree)
- About 200 articles in glass and material sciences
- About 50 invitations to conferences, seminar or schools
- About 10 book chapters (- Co-)supervising of 20 PhD